Before you can get your permanent dental veneers in place, you need to have temporary veneers for a couple of weeks or as required by our dentists. Here is everything you need to know about the importance of temporary veneers.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers provide protection to the tooth’s surface and improve the aesthetics of a person’s smile. Dental veneers are available in porcelain or resin material. Porcelain veneers are considered to be stronger and a better choice over resin veneers. However, the choice of material is entirely on you. We offer both types of veneers that are custom made by our specialists. You can decide the type of veneer you want, during the consultation session with our amazing dentist.
Dental veneers look like natural teeth and are used to correct a wide range of oral issues including cracked or chipped teeth, misshaped teeth, large gap between teeth and worn-down teeth. Our dentists may also suggest veneers for people with stained teeth that cannot be whitened by teeth whitening procedures.
Why do You Need Temporary Veneers?
The process of getting dental veneers requires more than one visit to our clinic. Our caring dentist at The Glenroy Dental Group prepares your teeth for veneer application by cleaning and trimming them down in the first visit. They take an imprint of your teeth to prepare the permanent veneers. Veneers are custom-made and take at least a couple of weeks to be ready for placement over your teeth’ surface. However, since your teeth have already been trimmed, they don’t just look different but are likely to be more sensitive. Therefore, it is significant that they are covered temporarily so you may perform your mouth functions typically.
Besides offering an aesthetically pleasing smile and protecting the trimmed teeth, temporary veneers have other benefits too.
It allows our dentist’s team to check your phonetics, how you speak, laugh, and talk. It helps in determining the length of your mould for permanent veneers – short or long. They create permanent veneers according to the length that is comfortable for you. Temporary veneers help you get the feel of having permanent ones.
Some Precautions to Consider While Having the Temporary Veneers
- Temporary veneers are vulnerable to stains from foods and drinks such as coffee, red wine, or dark fruit juices such as blackberries. If you are conscious about your smile, you must use a straw to sip on such beverages. Rinsing your mouth after drinking or eating prevents the veneers from getting stained.
- While you can brush your teeth generally while having temporary veneers, flossing may cause them to fall out.
- Temporary veneers are made with a soft resin material and attached with temporary glue. You must refrain from eating hard, crunchy or chewy foods – they may chip or crack.
- Patients may feel some sensitivity for some time, but it may wear off eventually. If the problem persists for more than the suggested period you must get in touch with our dentists.
Dental Veneers at The Glenroy Dental Group
At The Glenroy Dental Group, our team of amazing dentists performs all the oral treatments with care and precision. You can book an appointment with us on the below details:
The Glenroy Dental Group
- Office Address: 2/830 Pascoe Vale Rd, Glenroy, VIC 3046
- Phone Number: (03) 9306 6511