Dental veneers will help you get the desired look of your teeth if you have been suffering from misshaped teeth, stained teeth, chipped teeth, or if you have a noticeable gap between two teeth. The Glenroy Dental Group at Hadfield and Glenroy offers a variety of high-quality dental veneer options. Our skilled dentists will explain to you everything about dental veneers and which one would best suit your condition.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers is a thin layer placed over your original tooth/teeth to protect it from damage and give it back its original look. They give your teeth a more classic look if it has been damaged. They resemble original teeth if they are made correctly.
Veneers are usually made of composite resin or porcelain, and they can be done partially over your teeth or on the entire set. Both the materials have their own set of benefits and our dentists enlighten the patients which one would be suitable for them because we believe in maintaining your original smile and not making it look fake.
Thin shells of porcelain are customized according to the patient’s tooth/teeth to fit over the problematic tooth/teeth.
Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Porcelain is a very strong material and will last long.
- Its surface looks quite natural on your teeth and no one can make out the difference.
- Very less tooth enamel needs to be scraped while applying a porcelain veneer that what would be required at the time of placing a cap or crown.
- They don’t get stained easily, but you must take care of them, so they last you longer.
Composite Resin Veneers
Dental veneers that are made from filling material made to resemble the color of your teeth and then bonded to the tooth are known as composite resin veneers.
Benefits of composite resin veneers:
- Lesser tooth enamel needs to be removed from over your tooth compared to what would be removed in porcelain veneers or crowns.
- The process of placing composite resin veneers requires very less time, sometimes the job is done in just about one visit.
- It is priced lower than porcelain veneers
- Composite veneers may not be as tough as porcelain veneers, but they are easy to repair or can be replaced quickly.
It is best to go with the option that your dentist asks you to take.
Dental veneers can be placed for patients who have healthy gums. If you are suffering from a gum disease, then our dentists at Hadfield and Glenroy will treat you for the gum disease before placing the dental veneers.
Visit The Glenroy Dental Group at Hadfield and Glenroy for Affordable Dental Veneers
At The Glenroy Dental Group, we offer you pocket-friendly prices for your dental treatments. You can walk-in our centrally located clinic during our office hours or call us to book an appointment before your visit. Our contact details are as below:
The Glenroy Dental Group
Address: 2/830 Pascoe Vale Rd, Glenroy, VIC 3046
Phone: (03) 9306 6511